Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

No Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have bump stops, lol our cars are almost twins...
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chadroosa
take isolator out from rear spring and put heater hose on.. gives more drop..
Originally Posted by SS3157
haha I dont think I need that right now then
You can leave the isolator in, that's what VinR1 intended. I did this on an old set of factory springs before. If you put heater hose on both the top and bottom, you should get almost half an inch of extra height. If I were you though, I'd just get decent springs. I was going to get the Sportlines just like you because the 2" drop looks sweet, but after going 1.25" lower with Stranos, I'm glad I didn't go anymore than that. The nose already scraped before lowering it, that actually didn't change much, it's the exhaust downtube and the lowhanging Flowmaster tips the previous owner put on which scrape now. Having only 2-3 fingers space before contacting my shorter rear bump stops without the spacer, I cannot imagine being .75" lower on softer springs with potential sag.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buellxb12s
Ss3157 I'm sitting at the same heights.
What kinda kit do you have?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by eb110americana
You can leave the isolator in, that's what VinR1 intended. I did this on an old set of factory springs before. If you put heater hose on both the top and bottom, you should get almost half an inch of extra height. If I were you though, I'd just get decent springs. I was going to get the Sportlines just like you because the 2" drop looks sweet, but after going 1.25" lower with Stranos, I'm glad I didn't go anymore than that. The nose already scraped before lowering it, that actually didn't change much, it's the exhaust downtube and the lowhanging Flowmaster tips the previous owner put on which scrape now. Having only 2-3 fingers space before contacting my shorter rear bump stops without the spacer, I cannot imagine being .75" lower on softer springs with potential sag.
I actually pulled the bump stops completely off tonight and took it for a ride down a rough county road I know with my 270lb neighbor and a full tank of fuel and only bottomed the right rear (due to him) out once but we were getting it (trying to test it out good) over a decent bump but the suspension just seems too soft on the rear still and I could hear the front scraping the inner fender liner more than anything. the front just feels like it doesnt have enough travel in it. Im thinking maybe a different set of control arms? and still stiffer springs in the rear? Id still like to be lower (in the 25" range) with decent handling to really give it that lowered look with the front lower than the back for a good stance.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what size are ur tires?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS3157
What kinda kit do you have?
I have the pro kit as well. It wason the car when I got it and rides decent. They didn't put shocks on the car when they did springs but surprisingly its not bad. Still plan on getting rid if those Decarbons. You can do the jasonww mod to help get more travel in the front. I can take a pic for you showing how much travel I have before bump sstopsif you like.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by buellxb12s
I have the pro kit as well. It wason the car when I got it and rides decent. They didn't put shocks on the car when they did springs but surprisingly its not bad. Still plan on getting rid if those Decarbons. You can do the jasonww mod to help get more travel in the front. I can take a pic for you showing how much travel I have before bump sstopsif you like.
Yeah that'd be great!

And 275/40/18
Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry for the long delay. this is a pic I took with suspension loaded while doing a header install.

Quick Reply: No Clearance