Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

EBC red stuff vs yellow stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC red stuff vs yellow stuff

Hi all,

I currently have red stuff EBC pads and grooved discs front on the Z28 and I wondered when I come to change them what are the benefits/negatives of going to the yellow stuff which I hear is higher performance in terms of pure braking power.

Could people compare them in terms of

1. Braking power, (also from cold and not pre warmed etc , like after a long highway journey when not touching the brakes for miles and miles)
2. Smoothness or juddering or noise squealing
3. Wear and life of the pad and the disc they touch
4. Amount of dust

I had a look on ebay uk (live in the UK) and the yellow is cheaper by a few £ which seems weird.

Can anyone help who has done this help?

Thanks guys

Alex

Last edited by American-Muscle1989; 12-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts anyone? Is this too specific?

I have done some research and unless you guys think there is a reason why I shouldn't then when the time comes to renew the pads I will go for yellow stuff pads front and back as they are an upgrade from the reds.

I have the standard dics on the rear so I will do some braking tests to see if I think they feel ok, I have excellent tyres so should be safe to do so. If I think it could be improved then it could be worth upgrading them to grooved, drilled discs on the rear to match the fronts.

I have had the car for a month now and the weather has been wet (yes yes it rains alot here in the UK .

Last edited by American-Muscle1989; 12-24-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: EBC red stuff vs yellow stuff