Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question on lca relo brackets

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on lca relo brackets

I just purchased a set of lca relo brackets from founders performance. Excellent product by the way with outstanding customer service!!!!! I added them on, and used the upper of two slots to put my lca into. What are the two slots for, and did I use the right one. I added these as I recently went with konis and lowering springs, about a 1.25 inch drop. As soon as I did this my car really started tramlining with every line in the road. After adding the lca relo brackets, the tramlining is no longer severe, almost back to where it was before lowering the car. I am going to have the front end aligned again, this last time when I lowered the car I just took it to a shop that does all types of auto work, and I do not think they aligned it to the specs I gave them, and I did not get a printout of their work, my fault. So now I am going to have it aligned at a shop that was recommended by bmr in my area. So let me know what the differences and why with the two positions for the lca on the relo bracket.
tia
andy schuck
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Either can be used to bolt your LCA into. The lower 2 are more aggressive and will give your car less wheel hop. The upper 2 which you used are okay but if you start having wheel hop then move down to lower holes.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

You want the control arms to be slopped downward towards the rear slightly. I have Bmr springs and put my lower control arms on the lowest setting. Hits the tires much harder now.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What possible negatives are there to just putting them in the lowest holes to start with?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

possible (but doughfull ) to get some wheel hop or boune when brakeing hard at high speed, will also move your instant center back, as stated will hit the tire hard
Johnny

Quick Reply: Question on lca relo brackets