Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What shocks to go with for drag

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What shocks to go with for drag

I think i have narrowed down my options to qa1, strange, or viking double adjustable shocks. (not many other options) However i do not have any direct contact with anyone local or semi local that has double adjustable shocks anywhere on their car to see them actually perform. So what has or is working the best for everyone else?
The car they will be going on is mostly used for drag racing but sees the street every now and then so i am not too worried about ride quality, more about performance. car is full weight 99 T/a, 9"/ 4.10's/ 5k stall/ estimated 440rwhp usually run 1/8 mile.

I search every day for a good used set but i am yet to find anything. For the moment my plan is viking DA's in the rear and Strange DA's up front (bc viking does not make fronts yet). cheapest route i have found so far.

I ruled out single adjustable because it seems like people that have them want double adjustable so i dont want to buy shocks twice.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strange shocks offer the most bang for Your dollar.
Please do a search to check ratings on the QA1's.
Viking is supposed to be a spin off of the QA1, same guy started both companies.

Single adjustable is fine for the front but double adjustables are recommended for the rear.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

I can not coment on Viking, I have ran QA1, was thinking about Strange, but now running Afco double adj. which seemed to help my problem -wheel hop( nothing has complely fixed )
just my .02s
Johnny
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Launching!

why is single adjustable fine for the front and not the back? i though (and have been told) that the fronts are more important than the rear as far as getting that weight thrown back on the rear.
Strange is better bang for that buck? whats that mean? they are $30 cheaper than the qa1... if viking is basically a qa1 with a different sticker then what the hell for $70 cheaper?

im sure im thinking too much about something that is not that difficult. hell, what wrong with some comp engineering adjustable's on all 4 corners then?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Transam1
why is single adjustable fine for the front and not the back? i though (and have been told) that the fronts are more important than the rear as far as getting that weight thrown back on the rear.
Strange is better bang for that buck? whats that mean? they are $30 cheaper than the qa1... if viking is basically a qa1 with a different sticker then what the hell for $70 cheaper?

im sure im thinking too much about something that is not that difficult. hell, what wrong with some comp engineering adjustable's on all 4 corners then?
Single adjustable shocks are extension adjustable, extension is what promotes weight transfer.

Strange is a better working and longer lasting shock than the other 2 mentiioned. You get more value for the dollars spent.

One of My goals is to market a product that provides My customer with value, this also results in less calls about why something is leaking or the adjusters do nothing etc. I've never sold QA1, have no plans to until the product is improved.

Plenty of races have been won on any brand You can name including comp. If You want to give it a try, best wishes. If You have issues who are You going to call for tuning assistance?

Hope this helps.
Carl

Quick Reply: What shocks to go with for drag