Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower Perch and HH Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lower Perch and HH Mod Question

Searched and couldn't find an answer reguarding performance with this mod. I understand there is less ground clearance but is there any performance gains from using the HH mod and the lower perch on the Koni's or is it strickly an appearance mod? I'm using front and rear Koni SA's and BMR springs. Car isn't a DD. Just a summer/weekend toy I use to drag, road course and cruise the high way during the summer with. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Searched and couldn't find an answer reguarding performance with this mod. I understand there is less ground clearance but is there any performance gains from using the HH mod and the lower perch on the Koni's or is it strickly an appearance mod? I'm using front and rear Koni SA's and BMR springs. Car isn't a DD. Just a summer/weekend toy I use to drag, road course and cruise the high way during the summer with. Thanks.
Lowering the center of gravity will increase handling performance. You're bringing the weight of the vehicle lower to the ground making it easier to control. There is a point of diminishing return, but that doesn't seem to be a problem on extreme all-out handling F-bodies used for road racing. The STi Killer from GMHTP is using our 1-inch lowering A-arms with our 1.25-inch drop springs. That's a total drop of 2.25 inches and it required the use of a geometry correcting bumpsteer kit. The lower you can get the weight, the better you'll be. Think of an SUV going into a corner with its high center of gravity. The vehicle will lean a lot.

- Kevin

That being said, will there be a noticeable difference doing this mod? Probably not. Consider it an appearance mod first, performance second.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input. Anyone else have some input or any pictures of their before and after running on the upper perch and then the lower, and same with the rear and HH mod.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do the Upper Mount Mod, up front if you're going to drop it down more, that way you'll still have good compression travel. Otherwise its strictly for looks.

Quick Reply: Lower Perch and HH Mod Question