Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wheel Hop

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Hop

So i have read a few articles on this, but my understanding of it is still not that great :/

Since my car is lowered 2" with Eibach i bought new LCA's PH bar and the relocation bar for the PH to help eliminate this. all of it is non-adjustable since i dont have a clue on how to adjust it.

Will i still have wheel hop issues? and could someone better explain it?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This weekend at the track was the first time I've ever wheel hopped in my car. I believe it is due to my shocks being set very stiff in the rear. I am going to try loosening them up and see if it helps anything at all.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
This weekend at the track was the first time I've ever wheel hopped in my car. I believe it is due to my shocks being set very stiff in the rear. I am going to try loosening them up and see if it helps anything at all.
So wheel hop is litterally where the wheel hops? or am i still not on the correct understanding lol

Its that choppy jolting feel almost? i had it a few times after lighting up my nittos and took off

Last edited by Mista Blazer; 04-10-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
So wheel hop is litterally where the wheel hops? or am i still not on the correct understanding lol

Its that choppy jolting feel almost? i had it a few times after lighting up my nittos and took off
Yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kkJKdYis#t=62s
Not the best representation of it....but it is literally where the wheel hops. It vibrates a lot, and you don't have much traction (so it will stand mostly still like wheel spin).
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Eek, return the panard bar immediately, it's of no use to you. You must use an adjustable.

Second, I would look into a set of lower control arm relocation brackets to get a little bit more control arm angle back since you've lowered your car. Also, at this ride height, your torque arm could be a concern as well, but just tackle the main objectives here first, if you can.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Wheel Hop