Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Screwed or unscrewed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Screwed or unscrewed?

I have a stock Z28 that I have noticed that has had the ABS Inop, Brake, and ASR Off light on for a few months. Since I moved to california, the car is dynoed in order to pass emmissions inspections. That usually activates those sets of lights when done, however, they've been on intermittently when I start the car, eventually turn on while driving, or sometimes never turn on while driving. At anytime this happens, there seems to be no noticable change in performance. When I took it in to a dealership, they say that the Electronic brake control module, the ABS module, both need replacing, which would cost over 2,000 dollars. Not to suggest that price would be any reason to cause concern by itself, but could anybody in this forum agree with me that I could use a second opinion, and if any body has experienced this befour, could they tell me what the most likely cause really is?

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those lights will come on when ever you dyno because the rear tires are moving but the fronts are not. I would first check to make sure that none of the ABS wheels sensors took a hit and make sure they are still were they are suppose to be. If everything looks kosher and you are running the same size diameter tires (on front and back), then it would lead me to believe that it was the electronics. I would take it to another place and see if they come up with the same solution as the first place.