Old 05-03-2004, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best rotors for the $$$

hey just wanting to know some goods rotors to upgrade,
Old 05-03-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Before someone else jumps in and recommends some whored-up set of X-drilled or slotted or a combination of the two...
he did say "Upgrade".

So, if you want better stopping performance it is found in other areas than the rotors. Unless you increase size of the rotor by upsizing the braking system. For a good set of rotors, Brembo stock replacements. Again, if you buy the ones with x-drilling/slotting you ARE NOT GOING TO SEE ANY PERFORMANCE IN BRAKING OVER A SIMILAR SET THAT ARE NOT X-DRILLED.

Oh, and use the freaking search key next time. This topic has been wrung out to death in this section.

Tony
Old 05-03-2004, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

thanks, but if everyone used the search key than there would be no reason for anyone else to post, and this site would get old real quick
Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Silly02SS
thanks, but if everyone used the search key than there would be no reason for anyone else to post, and this site would get old real quick
Hmmm.....

I'll save you the search. Start here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/167508-couple-questions-mixing-rotors.html

And check the link that is given in that post as well.

Have fun!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Trackbird,

Hey by the way. Thanks for the recommendation on the Brembos. They've been working out great so far. Now I have to save for some Hawk HPS pads.
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll get a second set that have been x-drilled for the "pimp" factor to go along with my new wheels.
I talked with Arlyn Strano last week about getting into some Auto-x when I move back to the Harrisburg area. This is why I'll need the plain set and some good pads. She's a really nice lady. I really wish Sam would sponsor this site as well as LS2 and LS1.

Tony
Old 05-04-2004, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd go with the Autozone replacement rotors(what I've got now), or Brembo blanks from The Tirerack(what I'm getting next).
Old 05-04-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been abusing Brembo blanks for quite a while. They've never let me down. I'm running them with race compound pads even for street duty and have had no issues.

Quick Reply: best rotors for the $$$