Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

question on rear axle alignment

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on rear axle alignment

I just got car back from the alignment shop and was looking over the specs. The front end was spot on but the 'thrust angle' was -.25* plus the left rear toe was -.26 and the RR toe angle was +.23*. Now I know the rear end has no adjustment and it is all stock still but is this too far out of wack like someone hit a curb or is that just the way it is? The car seems to track straight and rides fine...
Old 09-11-2013, 07:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like just tolerances in the suspension than anything. You could get adjustable stuff to get it exactly perfect but that's a bit unnecessary. Mine is a tad off also, technically, but no problems from it and I know this car has never been hit or curbed.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Sounds like just tolerances in the suspension than anything. You could get adjustable stuff to get it exactly perfect but that's a bit unnecessary. Mine is a tad off also, technically, but no problems from it and I know this car has never been hit or curbed.
I agree, although it does annoy me somewhat, knowing that my rear axle is skewed a little bit. (and my car has never been damaged either.)
Old 09-13-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll bet you'll never find one of these cars with stock suspension parts that ever was not skewed ever so slightly one way or the other
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

mine was the same way, so I bought adjustable everything. no difference in ride, all that so I could get them zero'd out lol
Old 09-13-2013, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trublew
mine was the same way, so I bought adjustable everything. no difference in ride, all that so I could get them zero'd out lol
ME TOO!!

I ran across somebody who was racing, needed the adjustable stuff, sold it all to him, and put some "hand fabbed, steel tubing" LCAs and PHB on the car, that work with rubber bushings.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Cool thanks for the replies. I was hoping to hear it was pretty normal because I didn't have the money to dump in replacing the rear suspension now. The front end rebuild was plenty on cash as it was. But now that everything is brand spankin new it, its one tight ride.

Quick Reply: question on rear axle alignment