Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shock nut size/thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default shock nut size/thread

I found that the right front shock has partially pulled thru the bottom of the insulator. Best guess is that the nut, on top of the shock, has come loose. Before I tear it apart, I would like to obtain a new nut for the shock. No listing in the GM parts websites, nothing in NAPA and Dorman. Anyone know the thread size/pitch? The shocks are Bilsteins and are about 4 months old, so I dont plan on replacing the shock unless the thread is damaged.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by george88gta
I found that the right front shock has partially pulled thru the bottom of the insulator. Best guess is that the nut, on top of the shock, has come loose. Before I tear it apart, I would like to obtain a new nut for the shock. No listing in the GM parts websites, nothing in NAPA and Dorman. Anyone know the thread size/pitch? The shocks are Bilsteins and are about 4 months old, so I dont plan on replacing the shock unless the thread is damaged.
Spent some time at the dealership this morning. The nut is M10 x 1.5, GM #11517996, it was out of stock with a minimum quantity of 10, if I wanted to order them. They also had a substitute part number 15709703, list is $1.80. Now lets hope that the Bilstein's use the same size top nut.

Quick Reply: shock nut size/thread