Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need to replace EBCM

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to replace EBCM

I have an '02 Camaro SS and a scan indicated I need to replace the Electronic Brake Control Module. Before I order a new one, does anyone know if the EBCM from any late model vehicle is the same as or interchangeable with the EBCM for the 2002 Camaro SS? My local mechanic mentioned checking with a used part outfit down the road in Florida but I'm not crazy about replacing an 11 year old part that is not working with an 11 year old part that is still working but who knows for how long.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dave's02SS
I have an '02 Camaro SS and a scan indicated I need to replace the Electronic Brake Control Module. Before I order a new one, does anyone know if the EBCM from any late model vehicle is the same as or interchangeable with the EBCM for the 2002 Camaro SS? My local mechanic mentioned checking with a used part outfit down the road in Florida but I'm not crazy about replacing an 11 year old part that is not working with an 11 year old part that is still working but who knows for how long.
I believe only 01-02 LS1 F-body will work. You must also pay attention to make sure it matches your cars configuration though. There are 3-channel and 4-channel modules. If your car has traction control then you need to make sure you get a 4-channel EBCM. The 3-channel will not work. You can tell the difference at a glance by counting the number of brakes lines attached to the module. 4-channel units have 6 lines where 3-channel have 5 lines.

Now I happen to have a working 4-channel EBCM that I pulled from my car because I converted to 3-channel. I don't need it and would sell you this at probably 1/10 the cost of a new one. I guarantee it works 100%. Check your private messages or send me an email if you are interested.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Posts like that, make this site awesome. Looks like you're good to go now. People helping each other out and sharing the info
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I've got a working 4 channel unit also as I just deleted my ABS.

Quick Reply: Need to replace EBCM