Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Problem with rear braking again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with rear braking again.

Ok when I apply my brakes I hear a light squeak noise that comes form the rear of my car. If light to mid pressure is applied I hear the squeak like sound (it is a constant tone too) but when I really push hard one the brakes the sound disappears. I'm not a 100% sure what side is it coming from though. I know it is coming from the rear of the car but not sure which side. I'm kinda leaning towards the drivers side but it is kind of unfair to judge that since most of the time only my driver's side window is down. The reason I think the problem is on the other side is cause that is the side that I hit a fence with. The damage done to the car (besides the big dent and damaged rim) was a warped rotor, bent axle, and the little e-brake thing was jammed. I'm thinking maybe the was caliper might have been damaged too. How would I go about checking to see what is wrong?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-05-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a suggestion.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/168243-street-driving-no-rear-brakes.html

Just kidding....

In light of that, I'd think that you could have a bent caliper bracket. If the axle bent, the rotor was attached to it and had the caliper over that. If the axle bent and the disc went with it, it probably bent the caliper bracket and that very well could be the cause of your problems.

My thoughts.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the pads showing more wear on one side then the other? make sure you check the inside pads too and not just look at the outside with the tire on lol.