Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best shocks for fbody:)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best shocks for fbody:)

I want the best shocks for the fbody what is the best to hook on the street thanks thinking qa1?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

AFCO, Strange, or Viking... if you want to hook and depending on your budget.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I got some Viking rears a few weeks ago and love the look and quality. I only drove the car once with them installed but really like the ride. They are double adjustable and you can set them up for ride comfort, drags, or autoX.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
AFCO, Strange, or Viking... if you want to hook and depending on your budget.
^^^ THIS

MWC has the best prices and knowledgeable tech help for install and tuning. Give us a call and we can hook you up!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the price/quality ratio, I think Viking is damn difficult to beat on these cars. Bought my set from MWC, best price I could find. 550LB front springs for corner carving. Summer should be fun...

I agree with Jake and Eric. Determine your budget first. Afco's are AWESOME and I damn near shelled out the big money to get them, but for my setup, I just couldn't justify the added cost for the higher end Afco's vs. the Double Adjustable Vikings. I also debated Strange, but in the end, chose to go Viking and their industry leading two year warranty.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ This guy did his homework!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
For the price/quality ratio, I think Viking is damn difficult to beat on these cars. Bought my set from MWC, best price I could find. 550LB front springs for corner carving. Summer should be fun...

I agree with Jake and Eric. Determine your budget first. Afco's are AWESOME and I damn near shelled out the big money to get them, but for my setup, I just couldn't justify the added cost for the higher end Afco's vs. the Double Adjustable Vikings. I also debated Strange, but in the end, chose to go Viking and their industry leading two year warranty.
If the Vikings are anything like QA1s then corner carving will not be too much fun... Are they even gas charged?
Also, koni shocks have a lifetime warranty(and FAR superior handling and ride than anything you mentioned), there is nothing industry leading about a two year warranty...

Quick Reply: Best shocks for fbody:)