Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension question EIBACH lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension question EIBACH lowering kit

My car is a 98 trans-am, I bought the car in 00 it already had a EIBACH lowering kit 1.5 drop. I want to do a suspension upgrade from UMI new K member Control Arms ETC.

I have Bilstein shocks in the car that came with the Eibach kit. I will replace the shocks, my question is the coil springs. If they are not broke i assume they should not need replacing? Also if i were to go with say Koni shocks instead of the bilsteins i have now any special model shock i need to look at to match the springs. Any advice appreciated.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's a personal opinion but I hate my Eibachs and in a month or so will be geting some strano's springs with the Koni's
Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

well a decade old (or more) Eibach kit is likely to be suffering from the same sagging issues that plague the stock springs, so if you feel it sits to low (or lower then when you bought it) then I would look into replacing them.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
well a decade old (or more) Eibach kit is likely to be suffering from the same sagging issues that plague the stock springs, so if you feel it sits to low (or lower then when you bought it) then I would look into replacing them.
Every stock 4th gen I see still sits sky high...

Some of the eibachs do sag in the rear, but if yours aren't I would not replace them for no reason. If you wanted to try a different rate spring since you're going with new shocks, now would be a good time.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
Every stock 4th gen I see still sits sky high...

Some of the eibachs do sag in the rear, but if yours aren't I would not replace them for no reason. If you wanted to try a different rate spring since you're going with new shocks, now would be a good time.
well then let me introduce you to my 100% STOCK suspension (from last year before I replaced anything).

But the real question for the OP is, which Eibachs, are they the Pro-kit, Sportline or the factory SLP optioned (I ask due to them being on bilstein shocks that long ago), if there the factory SLP Eibachs I'd probably keep them, if there a pro kit then I would go with something known to ride better?
Attached Thumbnails Suspension question EIBACH lowering kit-2012-04-08_19-13-24_382.jpg   Suspension question EIBACH lowering kit-2012-04-08_19-13-35_884.jpg  

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 01-22-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Suspension question EIBACH lowering kit