Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

k member

Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k member

Hey there.....i posted earlier bout suspension knocking and found out its my ball joints and my k member is bent and i cant get my car aligned cause my camber is outta wack! So im posting this to get some advice in case anyone has done a k member before or anything else i should know while doing this. Much appriciated
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you have a picture of your k member by any chance? I'd like to see how badly it is dented for it to be throwing the alignment off
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zwilloughby
Hey there.....i posted earlier bout suspension knocking and found out its my ball joints and my k member is bent and i cant get my car aligned cause my camber is outta wack! So im posting this to get some advice in case anyone has done a k member before or anything else i should know while doing this. Much appriciated
Did you hit a curb hard?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

That's crazy.

The tubular K-members are usually not as robust as the stock unit for a daily driver, but the UMI Road-Race K is really a nice piece if you decide to go that way. Extra gussets, dual tubular design, etc. It's not quite as light as the others, but I'd trust it on the street more... and you still save like 25lbs.

Get the whole kit from UMI with the upper and lower a-arms with the roto joints. Then you end up saving over 30lbs and have more adjustability in the front end.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Wait... is this an aftermarket K-member or factory? Either way that car had to to take one hell of a hit to bend it. Post up some pictures of what you have going on, I'm curious to see this
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds to me like he has a stock one
Are you sure it's not the spindle? Seems like they get bent up every once in a while.. I've heard of quite a few people that go from lt1 to ls1 spindles find that they bought a bent one/s..

Either my A arm or my K is bent on the drivers side because my caster is a little off (more negative). I'm guessing it's the A arm which I'm going to check once the weather warms up a little bit more. I remember having to move the front bushing a little to get the rear bushing bolt hole to line up to the K when I re-did my front suspension. I'm hoping it's the A arm because I'm finding it hard to locate a stock lt1 K member lol..

Last edited by FormulaJoe; 02-07-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Ya im sure the the k member...its underneaththe rack n pinion....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: k member