Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange brake setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Strange brake setup

Just wanted to see if any of you guys drove around town with the strange brake setup. I know they say no street driving to cover them. So I was just curious. Wanting to lighten up this pig and get better stopping and less rotating mass.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Just wanted to see if any of you guys drove around town with the strange brake setup. I know they say no street driving to cover them. So I was just curious. Wanting to lighten up this pig and get better stopping and less rotating mass.
Some do use their Strange racing brakes on the street, they use common sense with what they are designed to do vs what they are asking of them.
I believe member studdering has done this.

As You know it is not recommended so here comes the part You probably don't want to hear but I have to cover My tail. Don't use racing brakes on the street!

Carl
Old 03-05-2014, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ

We have a lot of customers that are using Strange brakes for a lot of different applications. The Strange brakes are some of the best on the market and still very affordable.

Give us a call and we will be happy to go over your needs with some insight from the great amount of experience we have on both the streets and track. MWC guarantees the lowest prices and the highest quality components!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

We'll a friend of mine may be selling his front setup with the aluminum hubs and going with a different style. So I was just curious.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

SSvert99 can you let me know how much is a kit of the strange drag brakes kits for a 99 Camaro.Thanks
Old 04-12-2014, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the rear only and at first the pedal had a lot of travel but I'm right at about 200 miles on them and the pedal is back to normal pedal travel and feel. Car stops fine on the street

Quick Reply: Strange brake setup