Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line Lock issues

I have the SJM ABS delete and line lock combo. Rebuit calipers, SS brake lines, new pads, new rotors. I took the car to the track on Friday to test it out. When I get onto the line lock, the car doesn't stay planted, it rolls forward a little bit. I can feel the car trying to hold still, but no matter how much gas I am giving it, it doesn't hold still, and I can't get a good burnout.
I tried to power brake it once and did basically the same thing. Any ideas what's wrong? The brakes feel fine besides this, I just expected it to hold better in place.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you pump the brakes twice, push line lock button (while still on the brakes), start the burn out while still on the brakes, release the brakes once the tires have started spinning but maintain holding the line lock button down and that should do it unless your solenoid is not working.

If you try and just start the burn out while only using the line lock to hold the brakes you'll generally roll forward, atleast in my experience.

The only other time I had that happen was when I did a burn out on the street with about 7 cases of beer in the trunk and 4 people in the car... I left about 4 coffee cups worth of rubber on the road, but she did not want to stay planted in one spot...
Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

No, I just set the line lock (Push the brake pedal all the way down and hold down the momentary button) let go of the brake and got onto the gas. I will try it the other way next time and see if that makes a difference. I hope the soldnoid is good, it's brand new!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

you have to push the brake before you push monetary switch for the solenoid, all the solenoid does is close a valve so that it locks fluid that you have pushed through your brake lines into the caliper in place so that it cannot go backwards into the master cylinder once you release the pedal.

If you push the button first and then the brakes you aren't doing anything, there is not enough fluid in the lines between the solenoid and the calipers to hold the car because you closed the valve before you pushed the brake pedal to fill them...
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

That's what I did... (Brake pedal all the way down, then press momentary button, then release the brake pedal)
Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can push the brake pedal, push the button, push the brake a second time while still holding the button, the while holding the brake down release the button and then push the button again and hold it. This allows more pressure to be applied to the calipers.

This is the method I had to use when I raced my Buick Grand National.

Good luck.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe your line lock solenoid is bleeding back a little when you set it.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

I think many of them do bleed back a little, which is why I have always started the burnout with the brakes still depressed and the moment (fraction of a second) that I'm turning 4-5000rpm spinning the tires I just release the brakes while still holding the button.

Like I said, only time I ever had an issue was when I mentioned...
Old 04-07-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Guess I still have to play around with it a little bit more. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Line Lock issues