Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension refresh question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension refresh question

Going to be replacing rear springs and shocks (already purchased Moog CC635's and KYB GR-2's) and looking to refresh the rest of the rear end on my 98 v-6 firebird. This is a daily driver so no need for performance upgrades, just better than tired 16 year old 105,000 mile OEM worn out stuff.

What bushings etc should I be looking to replace while I'm back there? In addition, the front end will be getting the same treatment, what needs a refresh up there???

Tia
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ROLEXrifleman
Going to be replacing rear springs and shocks (already purchased Moog CC635's and KYB GR-2's) and looking to refresh the rest of the rear end on my 98 v-6 firebird. This is a daily driver so no need for performance upgrades, just better than tired 16 year old 105,000 mile OEM worn out stuff.

What bushings etc should I be looking to replace while I'm back there? In addition, the front end will be getting the same treatment, what needs a refresh up there???

Tia
I would definitely check out the rear lower control arm bushings, rear sway bushings, and rear sway bar end links while you are back there. If any of them look to be wore out or in questionable shape I would replace them. Generally the panhard rod bushings hold up pretty well even with a good bit of mileage on them but I would still take a look at them also.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much! the car is 16 years old and just clocked 105,000. I don't want have to pull things apart again later if I'm back there now and can just knock it out. I'm assuming parts would be under $100 or so, so might as well.
Again, it's a daily driver, just a clean a-b car. If I wanna tear it up the LT4 is in the garage! lol

Quick Reply: Suspension refresh question