Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment issues after intsalling HAL's?

Old 05-22-2004, 06:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment issues after intsalling HAL's?

I just installed a BMR tubular k-mem and a HAL shocks and springs. I took the car to a shop to get aligned.... and they told me that they can't align it because I changed the ride height on the front?? Is this true... the car has a slight rake to it.

Another problem is that the steering wheel is off alittle to the right... what I mean is if I am driving straight the steering wheel is tilted to the right some. How can I fix this?
Old 05-22-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

The alignment will fix the wheel. I would have to assume they meant they couldn't align it because it now sat too low to get on their alignment rack.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by absolut_speed
The alignment will fix the wheel. I would have to assume they meant they couldn't align it because it now sat too low to get on their alignment rack.
No they said that since it sat lower "it cant be aligned" I guess I need to find a better shop.... that was a Firestone shop
Old 05-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

firestone told me the same thing, so i took it somewhere else and got it aligned, firestone sucks.

Kyle
Old 05-22-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

That doesn't make any sense. The reason I suggested they told you that, was because I had three places tell me they couldn't get my lowered car on their racks because of clearance. Just call around. I got prices all over the board for an alignment. You can get ripped off in a hurry if you don't do a little homework.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alignment issues after intsalling HAL's?