Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Problems

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Z28 and I've been running into an issue that I can't seem to figure out. I went and put new tread on the car and told the shop to balance and align the car as well. While I was waiting, the guy came inside the shop and told me he couldn't align the car.

Then I went and talked to one of my buddies that is a huge drag racer, one of the best in the state of KS. He told me to take my car elsewhere to a different place that would be able to fix it. My car does have aftermarket suspension (Bilstein shocks, Eibach Sportline Springs).

So I took it to this place, when I came back that afternoon I asked if they had gotten my car fixed, the guy told me he couldn't fix it. He said that my front passenger lower a arm was adjusted as much as it could go. My front passenger tire has a 2 degree camber, so its leaning fairly bad.

The worker there told me the only thing that would be able to fix the issue is buying adjustable lower a arms. I've checked my vin# and did a little research and there has not been any accidents recorded at all. Is there is alternate way to fix it without having to spend $760 on new front suspension?

I thought about raising the car up a little to see if that would help the problem any. Any ideas you guys could throw at me would be great! Thanks!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Sadly, we hear this all too often. Usually, it is just shops that are not familiar with, or do not know how to properly set these cars up. See the link in my signature. Unfortunately I don't have any shops listed near you to refer you to. Can you post some pictures of the area where the lower control arm mounts to the k-member? That is where all of your camber adjustment comes from and I am curious to see what they did exactly to try to fix it. Did they give you a printout of the alignment specs also?
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first place I went to printed specs out for me but the second place (supposedly the better place of the two) did not have a print out for me. I'll have to see if I can find the specs and upload them as well as some pictures of the area affected. The second place told me he couldn't adjust that side of the car because the control arm was already adjusted to the max. I'll be sure to look at the URL you've provided. Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: Alignment Problems