Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Mild Drag Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mild Drag Setup

Looking to invest in some drag shocks/springs for front and rear and I'm wondering what you guys use. I want something that I can grow into as my power increases for next year. Currently, suspension wise I just have LCARB and front sway bar delete. I hardly ever drive the car on the road, and don't plan on really gutting it as a full race car, just a weekend warrior. I have been looking a QA1 and Viking as well as a few others that were rather expensive like AFCO are too rich for a broke college grad like myself. Any tips/hints would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Z.

I'd try some rear Vikings along with some 2 pt subframe connectors. Keep your existing rear stock springs and do the heater hose mod if you want it a touch lower.

After your college finances recover (been there) you can do the front coilover setup.

-- Ramey/UMI Performance
Old 10-23-2014, 08:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Zacks94Z
Looking to invest in some drag shocks/springs for front and rear and I'm wondering what you guys use. I want something that I can grow into as my power increases for next year. Currently, suspension wise I just have LCARB and front sway bar delete. I hardly ever drive the car on the road, and don't plan on really gutting it as a full race car, just a weekend warrior. I have been looking a QA1 and Viking as well as a few others that were rather expensive like AFCO are too rich for a broke college grad like myself. Any tips/hints would be greatly appreciated!!
For a more budget oriented drag shock/spring setup I would really recommend the Viking Performance coil-overs. They are double adjustable all the way around and are definitely something that you grow into as the power increases with your car. The other nice thing is that we are having a sell on all Viking Performance products right now so I can give you an amazing deal on them. If you are interested in a set shoot me a PM or give me a call and I can provide you with some pricing that won't be beat.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zacks94Z

Shocks will be the best thing you can spend your money on as far as chassis and suspension control.

Depending on where you are heading with your car and future goals, there are really 3 brands that are common to street/strip cars. Afco is on the higher end, but they are also on the some of the fastest cars in the country. Strange is a very high quality shock as well, and they have the lowest cost shock in a single adjustable unit. Viking is the newest on the market, but has quickly become the best bang for the buck and are only available in double adjustable valving.

There are some other items that may help your chassis along with the shocks, but we can work well within your budget to get you the performance you are looking for, and allow you to grow into better performance as time goes on. Best advice is to go with the right parts the first time, not necessarily the cheapest. You will find you are much farther ahead this way, the worst thing is buying parts twice because you didn't get the right info.

Give us a call and we will be happy to go over all your options and set you up with the right combo of parts the first time. MWC is responsible for supplying the parts and setting up the quickest and fastest stock suspension f-body cars in the country and you can have the same service the top performers are getting. We are a direct dealer for Afco, Strange, and Viking, and offer the best prices along with expert tech help to get you hooked up!

Quick Reply: Mild Drag Setup