Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help Adj. Panhard Rod!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help Adj. Panhard Rod!!!!

So the grease fittings are supposed to be on the bottom, well i isnstall the fixed end first....w/ the fitting down so its easy to grease, and then go to the adj. side, well i'm off a little, my car is lowered an inch or so, my problem is the measurement from the outside of the wheel well is 1 and 3/4 incfh on the pass. side and the driver side its less than a 1 and a 1/4, my question is, how the hell do i fix that? i know i obviously need to "adj" the panhard bar but then how the hell do i get the wholes to line up for the bolts?? HELP Quick needed, car is needed in the a.m. thanks all!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should be able to put the bolts on and then adjust the bar with it bolted on
Old 05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Silly02SS
you should be able to put the bolts on and then adjust the bar with it bolted on
If it has a poly end it probably isnt "on car" adjustable.

I set mine to the stk length and them turned my rod end out or in a turn depending on which way the axle needed moved. Mine was sitting towards the drivers side.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2w0s060
If it has a poly end it probably isnt "on car" adjustable.

I set mine to the stk length and them turned my rod end out or in a turn depending on which way the axle needed moved. Mine was sitting towards the drivers side.
Right but how once you turn it, it doesnt line up w/ the mounting holes...so how do you move the axle so that the holes line up??
Old 05-25-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
Right but how once you turn it, it doesnt line up w/ the mounting holes...so how do you move the axle so that the holes line up??
I had to have someone push on the wheel while I was under the car and then slide the bolt through. You will most likely need a firend to help out

Quick Reply: Help Adj. Panhard Rod!!!!