Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shock install problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shock install problem

Well after a few months I decided to go and install my Bilstein shocks and BMR springs. Back, no surprise easy. Come to fronts and pull off the shocks/springs and go to install the BMR springs to the new Bilstein shocks and its missing the perch that goes almost at the center were the bottom of the spring sits. Figured I can just pull it off the old shock and put it on the new. Well in my ignorance that was not the case. I don't know were I can get a perch to install on my Bilstein shocks. I will in the near future install the Bilstein shocks in the front but for the sake of getting it done I told mechanic to reinstall my stock shocks with BMR springs in the front till I figure out how I guffed up so bad.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Lower spring perch and plastic isolator can be ordered from nearly any autoparts store

MONROE Part # 904962 or MOOG Part # K80927 with a quantity of 2 as you need one for each side.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK perfect thank you

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
Lower spring perch and plastic isolator can be ordered from nearly any autoparts store

MONROE Part # 904962 or MOOG Part # K80927 with a quantity of 2 as you need one for each side.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You can use the spring seats and the plastic spring isolators from your factory shocks on the Bilsteins without any issue. You need to get the shock by itself and pull the bump stop/dust boot off, you will see a gold colored cap on the top part of the shock which you can top off with a hammer. Once that is done you can use a hammer and tap the metal spring seat off towards the top of the shock and install them on the Bilsteins.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your missing anything let me know. I just pulled off my front shocks/springs and have all the stock parts in a box. But as stated above I took the stock shock in a vice and removed the perches off the stock shocks even though I don't need them with my coilovers.

Quick Reply: Shock install problem