Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

K member faceoff

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015 | 03:29 PM
Launching!

Default K member faceoff

I am looking at either the UMI or MWC K member for my swap in my 1996 camaro. I only need room for a 4" downpipe. I was going to go with the BMR but after 3 emails and never getting one response, I am not gonna deal with poor customer service. The UMI is the one I really want because of the dual tube setup but I am worried about the 4" downpipe hitting. I see a lot of people sat MWC is great but only a few actually run it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by insanez; 04-13-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-14-2015 | 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We currently have them in stock our standard k-member will accept a 5'' downpipe on the passenger side without issues and either a 3.5 or 4'' on the drivers side if you use a manual rack.
Old 04-14-2015 | 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by insanez
I am looking at either the UMI or MWC K member for my swap in my 1996 camaro. I only need room for a 4" downpipe. I was going to go with the BMR but after 3 emails and never getting one response, I am not gonna deal with poor customer service. The UMI is the one I really want because of the dual tube setup but I am worried about the 4" downpipe hitting. I see a lot of people sat MWC is great but only a few actually run it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
If you are concerned about rigidity then we can add extra tubing if you wish... we have done it before for other customers. If you are using the car for road course or autocross racing then it's a viable issue, otherwise street/strip use our standard model is fine.

Chances are you have no need for a "turbo" k-member with your setup.
Old 04-14-2015 | 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by insanez

Thanks
What address have you been e-mailing? We have not received anything from you. I always suggest people to give me a call here to I can get them taken care of.
Our K will fit up to a 5" downpipe down either side of the motor and is 100% streetable. For what you are describing it sounds like the best option for you.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-15-2015 | 05:16 PM
Launching!

Thanks Kyle @ BMR, you came through and answered all my needed questions and made right with me. I went with the BMR K member Because of the room and for the future. I am excited to get this build done.

Quick Reply: K member faceoff