Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP, BAD VIBRATION>>>>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy HELP, BAD VIBRATION>>>>>>>>>>

I have this vibration in my car that feels like its coming from under my ***, it actually vibrates pretty good at about 30 to 50 and even more at up to higher speeds. If i keep driving it this way i think i have a good chance of vibrating some weight off my body.
I balanced all my tires again and they are all in check , heres a kicker , just for ***** and giggles i put my race wheels on with skinnies and et streets and its even worse with them on. I have done some tests like on the highway ,i shift into neutral and it still vibrates, (it actually feels like the car is kinda jumping alittle) it sems to get worse on a slight turn , I checked all suspension bolts and bushings and even the torque arm , I am totally lost now, anyone have any suggestions.
This just started in the last few weeks.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmm....drive shaft out of balance?
Old 06-11-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or a U joint coming apart.

It could be a trans mount or a torque arm that is broken as well.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope i checked both, they seem fine, tranny mount checked ok even looked for cracks in the torque arm.

It doenst look like a weight broke of from the drive shaft, the original balance weight is still on.

Man this is driving me ****** crazy.

Is it possible that my rear end internally is fucked up, i was pulling some high 1.5s 60fts at the track. Maybe , i dont know.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by boomcase
I have this vibration in my car that feels like its coming from under my ***, it actually vibrates pretty good at about 30 to 50 and even more at up to higher speeds. If i keep driving it this way i think i have a good chance of vibrating some weight off my body.
I balanced all my tires again and they are all in check , heres a kicker , just for ***** and giggles i put my race wheels on with skinnies and et streets and its even worse with them on. I have done some tests like on the highway ,i shift into neutral and it still vibrates, (it actually feels like the car is kinda jumping alittle) it sems to get worse on a slight turn , I checked all suspension bolts and bushings and even the torque arm , I am totally lost now, anyone have any suggestions.
This just started in the last few weeks.

If i keep driving it this way i think i have a good chance of vibrating some weight off my body.

That quote cracked me up!

Quick Reply: HELP, BAD VIBRATION>>>>>>>>>>