Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is this a good deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal

Hello

I have a 95 firebird v6 with stock suspension that is very warn out. I bottom out all the time. I am looking to do a ls swap in the future. I have been looking for suspension parts and found a eibach pro plus suspension kit brand new for 300. This kit comes with front and rear sway bars and eibach springs. I know the springs arn't great but the must be better than the warn out stock springs. So my question is should I purchase the kit for 300? The sway bars alone are worth 300, right?

Or should I just save up and purchase the BMR stuff I already priced out?
Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Personal opinion, as I've never run eibachs, save for bmr or strano. As I'm sure you've seen a lot of people report the eibachs sag quite a bit over time. Deal? Depends on how you look at it. Yeah, when you add up cost of either bmr or strano springs and sways it ends up costing you more, but you will also find people tend to steer toward those for a reason.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I do not have personal experience with any of the springs mentioned, however I did get a set of Stranos. I hear good things about both Stranos and BMR. I did at one point consider getting Eibach springs but it didn't seem to be what I wanted. Plus, I usually see the Eibachs were more expensive or usually around $300. Look into the other brands a little more before you make your decision.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jcparmley
Hello

I have a 95 firebird v6 with stock suspension that is very warn out. I bottom out all the time. I am looking to do a ls swap in the future. I have been looking for suspension parts and found a eibach pro plus suspension kit brand new for 300. This kit comes with front and rear sway bars and eibach springs. I know the springs arn't great but the must be better than the warn out stock springs. So my question is should I purchase the kit for 300? The sway bars alone are worth 300, right?

Or should I just save up and purchase the BMR stuff I already priced out?
If you are simply looking to improve ride and stop "bottoming out" then you are going in the opposite direction that you need to go.
The biggest issue will be the shitty stock shocks that can't damp the springs you have now, causing the bad ride in the first place.
Next your rear bumpstops are probably shot, so you will want to look into replacing those.
Lowering springs are the last thing you want to look at if ride is a concern, and a bigger rear swaybar will certainly not help the ride as well (front doesn't effect ride, not for me atleast).
The $300 deal seams to good to be true, and you know what they say about that...
Is it a private seller or a company?
Whatever you do make sure you go with the V8 parts if you plan on swapping in a V8, as the front springs rates will be higher for the V8 cars.
What I would actually suggest would be buy some great shocks now(not autozone replacements), replace the bumpstops and wait until you do the V8 swap for the rest of the suspension mods. When the car is apart and easy to work on then buy some stock V8 springs (or lowering springs if you want improved handling), swaybars and whatever else.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the advice. To answer some of your questions. The add is from a private seller who bought the kit for over 600 but ended up selling the car before he could put them on. They have been sitting around for years and wants them gone. At least that is what his add said.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
If you are simply looking to improve ride and stop "
bottoming out" then you are going in the opposite direction that you need to go.
The biggest issue will be the shitty stock shocks that can't damp the springs you have now, causing the bad ride in the first place.
Next your rear bumpstops are probably shot, so you will want to look into replacing those.
Lowering springs are the last thing you want to look at if ride is a concern, and a bigger rear swaybar will certainly not help the ride as well (front doesn't effect ride, not for me atleast).
The $300 deal seams to good to be true, and you know what they say about that...
Is it a private seller or a company?
Whatever you do make sure you go with the V8 parts if you plan on swapping in a V8, as the front springs rates will be higher for the V8 cars.
What I would actually suggest would be buy some great shocks now(not autozone replacements), replace the bumpstops and wait until you do the V8 swap for the rest of the suspension mods. When the car is apart and easy to work on then buy some stock V8 springs (or lowering springs if you want improved handling), swaybars and whatever else.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jcparmley
thanks for the advice. To answer some of your questions. The add is from a private seller who bought the kit for over 600 but ended up selling the car before he could put them on. They have been sitting around for years and wants them gone. At least that is what his add said.
Been that guy several times myself.

it might be worth the sway bars but I wouldn't use those springs, maybe buy it then sell off the springs to recoup some of the costs, but like said none of this will solve your issue, you need good shocks first and the Eibach springs will only lead to future sagging issues.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal