Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower A-arms

So I'm in need of lower A-arms because the rear bushing on mine are no good. I tried to see what is available but there are so many options, each vendor has 4 or more different versions of the A-arm. I would like some advise on which ones I should go for. It is a street car that will hopefully see autoX and will see occasional 1/4 mile. As of right now the car has Koni SA and strano springs and a Founders adjustable panhard bar. Thank you for the help guys.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

If it is just the bushing that is bad, why don't you replace the bushings? Or is the arm itself damaged that prevents this?
Old 03-31-2016, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
If it is just the bushing that is bad, why don't you replace the bushings? Or is the arm itself damaged that prevents this?
From the looks of it, only the bushings are bad. But from what I read its a PITA to do the bushings on them, correct me if Im wrong. And I would like to set the car up to handle as well as possible, so aftermarket arms were on the list but a few steps down from where I am now.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, they were a pain. I eventually gave up and took my arms to a shop to press them out. Not yet sure how much of a pain it is to get bushings back in yet. From what I have read, the stock lower arms are the strongest for street use with boxed aftermarket LCAs about the same. Also, paying a shop to press out and press in bushings might be considerably much cheaper than buying new arms. But I'm not going to lie, I did consider getting aftermarket LCAs but I was already too committed to the path I am currently on now.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
Yeah, they were a pain. I eventually gave up and took my arms to a shop to press them out. Not yet sure how much of a pain it is to get bushings back in yet. From what I have read, the stock lower arms are the strongest for street use with boxed aftermarket LCAs about the same. Also, paying a shop to press out and press in bushings might be considerably much cheaper than buying new arms. But I'm not going to lie, I did consider getting aftermarket LCAs but I was already too committed to the path I am currently on now.

Bingo!

Secondly, Moog makes an excellent replacement bushing for that location on the A-arm....

Quick Reply: Lower A-arms