Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hydro boost knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Hydro boost knowledge

Does anyone in here have hands on experience with the hydroboost setup from hydra tech .....here's my basic rundown, I've been using electric vacuum pumps now for several years for my 383 lt4 but I always have problems with the motors giving up on me. Well I'm tired of replacing them so I'm gonna go the route of hydroboost to run my power assist. I'm also going to be installing the ctsv 4 piston brembo brakes upfront ...just looking for some firsthand experience with this boost system like any cons and of course pros or pitfalls during install...also wondering if it's worth putting in one of their wilwood master cylinders or not
Old 04-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hydroboost

I have a 87 MonteCarlo SS that I put a Hydratech system on.I put Wilwood disc brake setup on the front,and disc brake on the rear with inline bias adjuster.I have a 6.2 LS motor in it,with Corvette FDA,with a power steering cooler inline.I used my original master cylinder but they have many options.I'm very happy with mine.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I went ahead and ordered a unit today so in a month or so I should be able to see how this system combined with the ctsv fronts will be instead of the lt1 brakes...,hopefully I don't come across any hidden complications when I go to do al this
Old 04-05-2016, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I put a Hydroboost unit from a 2002 F250 PSD in my Lightning and it's been an excellent mod. Totally solved the pulsing during heavy braking I was getting with the vacuum booster. IDK if the Duramax is the only GM vehicles that runs a factory hydroboost setup, but if a smaller car does maybe using one you get from a salvage yard would be a easy and cheaper route, but IDK. Mustang used them from 96-04 I believe.

This is an excellent source for hydroboost pieces with great customer survive.
http://www.tallonhydraulics.com/store/

Quick Reply: Hydro boost knowledge