Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Abs and traction controll problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs and traction controll problems

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a 1997 trans am 5.7 v8 with a traction controll and abs problem that I cannot solve.
I had the code read which is fault code 34, I have bought new abs sensors that are different to the standard ones that was originally on the car. The origional ones had a part that fitted to a cog behind the hub and the new ones do not. After fitting the part the abs and the traction control light go out, but after a short drive it comes back on until I remove the fuse and put it back in. Is there more than type of abs part that can be fitted or have I fitted the wrong part ? The engine management light flickers On and off sometimes but if I remove the abs fuse (5amp) it drives fine.
Is this a common fault ?
I have attached photos of both abs sensors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Abs and traction controll problems-image.jpg   Abs and traction controll problems-image.png  
Old 08-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You got one code and bought new sensors all the way around? The codes are location-specific, so they will usually tell you where the problem is. Also, just because you have a code, doesn't mean that the sensor is bad. You could have a cut or shorted wire, etc.

The fact that you are putting in new sensors and are getting the same issue, would tend to lean back to an electrical problem.

That being said, I can't find out what a fault code 34 is. I don't even see one listed for your car. Getting the specific/exact code will help figure out what it means and what to do for the problem.

Quick Reply: Abs and traction controll problems