Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Gremlin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Gremlin?

OK so I have one of these elusive upper control are support seals with a part# on it but I cannot seem to source it. How bout someone else giving it a shot?
The Right side ends in 78.
Attached Thumbnails Gremlin?-imag0849.jpg   Gremlin?-imag0846.jpg  
Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

wow 189 views and no response. There is the part#, cannot anyone find this part? I looked extensively but no luck. Mine are good but I was just trying to help others.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one makes them anymore. GM discontinued the part and now you'll only find used ones on ebay. 93-02 Camaro Firebird Front Upper Control Arm Mount Rubber Bushing Isolator.

Best to clean and paint the area and probably coat with some grease if missing.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99SSJarhead
No one makes them anymore. GM discontinued the part and now you'll only find used ones on ebay. 93-02 Camaro Firebird Front Upper Control Arm Mount Rubber Bushing Isolator.

Best to clean and paint the area and probably coat with some grease if missing.
nobody...... I find that hard to believe, not saying you're not correct but I just find it hard to believe with all these cars out there...........
Old 10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yet you've found 0 even with the serial number, as had everyone else who have posted this same question over the years. You'd think on the largest 4th gen site someone would have tracked down a supplier by now. But the common response to this is to either track down a used one or just run without since it is the other one, the coil spring isolator bushing, that is the important one.

They aren't really a failure part and as such are probably rarely ever seen by most people. As such there isn't much incentive for a company to produce them.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99SSJarhead
And yet you've found 0 even with the serial number, as had everyone else who have posted this same question over the years. You'd think on the largest 4th gen site someone would have tracked down a supplier by now. But the common response to this is to either track down a used one or just run without since it is the other one, the coil spring isolator bushing, that is the important one.

They aren't really a failure part and as such are probably rarely ever seen by most people. As such there isn't much incentive for a company to produce them.
I'm not doubting you so please don't take it the wrong way. It's just as popular as these cars are, well you know.........

Quick Reply: Gremlin?