Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front hub assemblies without abs sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Front hub assemblies without abs sensor?

My 1999 Trans Am I'm building is not going to have abs. I'm rebuilding the whole car with mostly strip duty in mind. For the front I have Bmr components (uppers/lowers/k-member) I'll be doing Viking coilovers as well. My question is looking at the hub assemblies for a quality company such as moog/timken/raybestos are all a bit pricey. Is there a version that fits without the abs sensor? might help with the price...
Old 02-21-2017, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks like you are interested in drag racing and weight savings, the best option for weight savings is the Strange F-Body front brake kit.

Link to kit.

Yes it is a little pricey at first but the hole kit weighs about as much as one rotor. We will also do our layaway with this item and anything else we offer to help our customers out.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

My concern with those is how they perform on the street? I plan on doing drag week with this car and only plan to have it on a trailer if its broke or stolen.. Thoughts? I plan on getting my cage from you guys soon.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Cartel
My concern with those is how they perform on the street? I plan on doing drag week with this car and only plan to have it on a trailer if its broke or stolen.. Thoughts? I plan on getting my cage from you guys soon.
I'd say a big percentage of the vehicles doing Drag Week have a race brake of some sort, at least the real fast vehicles that is. The other salesperson drove daily with his Strange Race brakes putting well over 30,xxx miles on them and now the car is dedicated track car running in the 8's with the same brakes.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

30,000 miles is impressive...on same rotors? Thanks for the input
Old 02-23-2017, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Cartel
30,000 miles is impressive...on same rotors? Thanks for the input
Same pads and rotors still in the vehicle multiple years later and stops it no problem at 161MPH and no cute.

Quick Reply: Front hub assemblies without abs sensor?