Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017 | 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Front struts

Is it possible to replace the front struts and not require an alignment? I hate having high school drop outs work on my car, bad experiences every time.
Old 05-20-2017 | 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

What kind of car? If you are talking about a 4th gen fbody then you do not need an alignment since these cars do not have struts, they are coilover shocks/double wishbone suspension. Hopefully you didn't just buy some cheap stock replacements...
Old 05-20-2017 | 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Shocks

Yes fbody shocks. All data and rockauto calls them struts and the job looks huge. Talks about moving the master cylinders and using special tools and jigs. I was going to by kyb or delco
Old 05-20-2017 | 09:16 PM
Launching!

I have done complete suspension on my car. Depending on how much of it you are replacing will determine how hard the job will be. I replacing springs, shocks, and mounts and that made it so I could bolt everything together before hand so when I got my old shock out I just bolted the new stuff in. No fuss. Don't worry about moving the master cylinder. You just remove the two bolts that hold it to the brake booster and you can pivot it enough to get the bolts that are underneath it. I made a write up when I did mine with links and pictures that might help you. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...how-links.html
Old 05-20-2017 | 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by johnfin
Yes fbody shocks. All data and rockauto calls them struts and the job looks huge. Talks about moving the master cylinders and using special tools and jigs. I was going to by kyb or delco
Do some research before you waste your money on buying the cheap shitty shocks, hating them and then buying the good ones to replace them.
Bare minimum bilsteins or koni str.t. Both of those are inexpencive good shocks.

Quick Reply: Front struts