Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help planning

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help planning

Ok guys , I got a 99 Z28 SS that has the Level 2 suspension package from SLP using Bilstein parts eibach springs but they are 18 yrs old . I'm ready to start upgrading the suspension but I can only do it piece by piece as the budget allows now I had a friend that gave me a Elderbrock adjustable Torque arm and Pan Hard bar should I use those ? And my next question is what is the order in which I should by each piece ? Which manufacturers? The car will be used for typical street race type application ( off road of course)

Should I use the elderbrock adjustable and pan hard ? Or should I get trailing arms 1st or upper control arms ?

You get the point I was wondering maybe some of you did it this way and could help me plan .
Thanks guys for reading and passing along your knowledge
Old 07-16-2017, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't start throwing random parts on the car.
If you got the torque arm and PHB for free give them a try, if you don't like it then put the stock parts back on. You probably won't notice the phb but the torque arm might be noticeable for you when launching hard.
Since you are just "street racing" get some sticky tires and go from there. If the car isn't doing anything bad (like wheel hop or something) and is getting traction then there is no reason to start tying to fix what isn't broken. If you plan on launching hard from a stop then start saving up to replace the rear end.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Well, to begin with the shocks aren't going to be great. The springs won't be failed so you can reuse those if you like them height and all. But the shocks, they'll be well used in the last 18 years.

Which parts are far as Torque arms and stuff. Well I primarily sell UMI stuff for a number of reasons but build quality and material are two. I carry the entire line. I have Edelbrock stuff too, it's ok. Certainly not better, an the TA, it's not as good.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys I appreciate all the info and as far as UMI I will be purchasing some of your products in the next or so

Quick Reply: Need help planning