Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Differences in stock springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Differences in stock springs?

So some of you may have seen my thread where i bought a set of factory springs off of someone to use with my koni sports and im currently running them on the lower perch. Unfortunately somehow the car is sitting higher then it was stock which would mean that these springs are possibly somehow like an inch higher then my stock ones were. I cant reuse my stock ones because one of them broke so thats why i bought other ones. One thing i did notice about the ones i bought was i dont remember seeing those yellow tabs on them which i have seen on all of the stock ones so im thinking they might be some type of replacement stock springs from like autozone or something which i have heard sometimes sit high. Well anyway while i was searching for other stock springs i noticed a wide variety of different numbers that are on the yellow tabs. My stockers have part # 22077195 and i have found two other sets of stockers for sell one has part # 22077196 and the other set has part # 22197229 are there any differences from these and my stockers?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stormy, You should be asking the GM parts dealers these questions. Most drivers around here have discarded those springs and moved on to better performing springs. If you want to make your stock type replacement spring ride at a certain height lower than they offer, cut them down. All hot rodders fabricate!

Quick Reply: Differences in stock springs?