What suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Zek
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wink What suspension setup

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site and have only posted so far for my dad's 99 silverado for a turbo setup. I would like to say this is a great site w/ lots of good info.

Anyway, I have a 2001 Camaro SS that I think lacks in the handling department. From doing a search my thoughts are these, let me know what you think. This will be daily driven for street and track.

BMR springs
Bilstien HD shocks
35mm front bar w/ rubber bushings
21mm rear bar w/ rubber bushings

Please let me know what you think. I want to improve handling without having traction issues because the rear is to stiff and weight transfer is horrible. I am just looking for a good mix of handling and straight line traction. I know you can't have everything so I'm looking for a good mix.

Thanks
Zek
Old 07-03-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zek
I am just looking for a good mix of handling and straight line traction.
I think that handling formula is inside the holy grail. When you find one, you will find the other.

When you discover this, please post.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the BMR springs lower the car (which I'm guessing they do) you will need LCA relocation brackets to restore lost traction. IMO the setup you mention will be a pretty good compromise between handling and straight line, although I have to say doing corners interests me more personally. The best thing you can do for traction is tires, but then you are back to a compromise again.