Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn adj. Front upper control arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn adj. Front upper control arms

On my 2001 Camaro SS vert, my adjustable upper control arms are hitting the wheel well going over sharp bumps even at low speed. I turn right into my driveway and it has a 1 inch step, that is when mainly hear it. The car has Eibach springs with the factory bilstein shocks front and rear. The car is really low, and imagine with the suspension geometry changed that much the upper control arm is a lot higher than factory specs. Is there anything I can do alleviate this? Maybe a stiffer shock?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 218 Likes on 178 Posts

sounds like you need a bump stop if you are going to continue using those crappy springs .....which have pretty much eliminated all your available suspension travel
Old 04-23-2019, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
sounds like you need a bump stop if you are going to continue using those crappy springs .....which have pretty much eliminated all your available suspension travel
So which springs do you suggest?
Old 04-30-2019, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

bumps
Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have no dog in this fight.....to me lowering a car reduces availible suspension travel....IMO reducing ride quality ....when I bought my car it had vogtland springs ....the WORST ride you can imagine

Many here would suggest Strano....BMR or UMI springs

I have not used any of those so cant give you a review
Old 04-30-2019, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I think nobody has responded because they aren't familiar with the Spohn UCA. I'm not either. Eibach has two springs that I know of for our cars, the Sportlines will make the car sit very low. I had them (only by accident, I meant to buy the Pro Kit) they were too low and they are progressive. I don't know which one you have.

I don't know why you are having the UCA hit because the jounce bumper on the shock should prevent this from happening. These could be ruined or missing. Either that or Spohn designed these bad and the car can now bottom out on them instead of the jounce bumper. Then the only way to help this be less likely to occur is to replace the springs which would raise the car some and be a higher rate, like one of the 3 mentioned above. I'm preferential to UMI, though I have no experience with their springs. I had H&R springs which were fine and now UMI coilovers.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have used spohn upper arms.....still have em......its not a arm problem
Old 05-01-2019, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Why are you using those upper arms? Nothing wrong with the stock ones and it may not be causing a problem but it is an extra variable that you don't need. Go with Strano springs and Koni yellow or Bilstein shocks.