Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

quick disconnect brake lines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default quick disconnect brake lines?

Looking for some feedack on if quick disconnects for brake lines are a viable option? What i'm curious on is are there quick disconnect brake line fittings that are safe to use if at all? if not, I will re reroute the brake lines next time I pull the motor and see if i can run them along the firewall so they don't get in the way or something like that.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Allstar-Perfo...50215/10002/-1

Context for the question is I always drop my motor out the bottom on the camaro (engine/trans together always and I don't want to go out the top). One of the things I dont like is that I have to always disconnect and rebleed the brake lines and this is the worst of it. I don't run ABS so it's not that hard, but would like to avoid it if I could.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

interesting item ! Went to the site you linked but must be something new as there are no 'feedbacks' or nothing in Q&A.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

I always zip tied the calipers up to the chassis and left the brake system connected when I did it........
Old 03-11-2020, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
I always zip tied the calipers up to the chassis and left the brake system connected when I did it........
yeah I hear ya, i'ts that line that goes from distribution block to passenger side. I'm thinking I'll just re route that one along the firewall next time and then I can do as you say. I don't have the stock line there anyway now, I custom made this one many years ago. Just regret not rerouting it when I did it.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Pretty interesting product there. Would definitely make things easier.

i have pulled motors and trans on these cars countless times but never out the bottom. Always come out the top.

Hell I pull the motor and trans TOGETHER out the top. Had my engine and trans out 3 times in a weekend using just a checker picker by myself in the garage this December. Current car had the middle of the core support cut out for a vertical radiator so it’s REALLY easy. But my old car still had the core support and I still was able to stab the motor and trans from up top lol
Old 03-14-2020, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

You sir are a brave man! I've always lifted the car off, But it's been on a lift

Getting ready to do my first out the bottom with a cherry picker

Quick Reply: quick disconnect brake lines?