Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wheel rub - Alignment Problem - Control arm upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel rub - Alignment Problem - Control arm upgrade

I recently replaced the stock upper/lower control arms with UMI A-Arms (lower is adjustable), inner/outer tie rods on my 02 SS SLP. When reassembling, the top inside of the rim rubs the top of the steering knuckle just under the upper ball joint. UMI says those adjustable lower A-Arms are set to factory spec. I知 a YouTube DIY kinda guy, I feel like I知 in over my head. My first thought was wheel spacers. The car is still on stands, I知 unsure of what to do next. Any experience with this?
Old 04-13-2022, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by adman jones
I recently replaced the stock upper/lower control arms with UMI A-Arms (lower is adjustable), inner/outer tie rods on my 02 SS SLP. When reassembling, the top inside of the rim rubs the top of the steering knuckle just under the upper ball joint. UMI says those adjustable lower A-Arms are set to factory spec. I知 a YouTube DIY kinda guy, I feel like I知 in over my head. My first thought was wheel spacers. The car is still on stands, I知 unsure of what to do next. Any experience with this?
Sounds like the alignment may be way out. Have you tried adjusting the lower arms in the kmember to help?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
The following users liked this post:
bbond105 (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Sounds like the alignment may be way out. Have you tried adjusting the lower arms in the kmember to help?
No. I値l try adjusting that way. Will let you know. Thanks

Quick Reply: Wheel rub - Alignment Problem - Control arm upgrade