Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Torque specs

Put my car on the trailer, strapped it down and noticed this bolt was loose. The nut is missing. I am gonna have to pull the bolt out and go find a nut and washer for it. Does anyone have a torque spec for it??
Old 08-16-2022, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 251 Likes on 175 Posts

Ugga-dugga 3 to 4 times. Preferrably using a Lock nut of some sort.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

That looks like the bolt to your tubular lower control arms. I happen to have the instructions (UMI) right in front of me because I am getting ready to swap my tubulars out with another set while I put new bushings in the old set.

When you tighten that bolt up the car needs to be jacked up by the rear axle, place jack stands under the axles, then let the weight rest on the jack stands to prevent bushing pre-load. Then tighten them to 72 ft lbs.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems right I just did ADJ Pahnard bar and SB was about as tight as lug nuts almost
Old 08-16-2022, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghardester
That looks like the bolt to your tubular lower control arms. I happen to have the instructions (UMI) right in front of me because I am getting ready to swap my tubulars out with another set while I put new bushings in the old set.

When you tighten that bolt up the car needs to be jacked up by the rear axle, place jack stands under the axles, then let the weight rest on the jack stands to prevent bushing pre-load. Then tighten them to 72 ft lbs.
perfect! After beating the hell out of the bolt to get it to slide in since I couldn’t get the mount on the 9 inch to line up, I torqued it to 100 ft/lbs

i’ll do exactly what you said in the morning and go to 72 ft lbs!

Appreciate the replies guys!

Quick Reply: Torque specs