Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Complete rubber bushing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Complete rubber bushing kit?

Hi All,

Trying to solve all of the infamous rear end clunks/vibrations. I really would like to avoid going to all poly bushings but cannot for the life of me find a factory rubber kit or equivalent, does anyone make complete non-poly kits? Thanks for any help.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Legendary357
Hi All,

Trying to solve all of the infamous rear end clunks/vibrations. I really would like to avoid going to all poly bushings but cannot for the life of me find a factory rubber kit or equivalent, does anyone make complete non-poly kits? Thanks for any help.
I don't think so, assuming you're trying to find some kit at a discount. The individual bushings are still cheaper than replacement arms, the biggest hassle is getting them out and back in. Burning them out seems popular, but usually some all thread, nuts, and a big socket will do the job (in lieu of a press).
Old 06-11-2024, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
I don't think so, assuming you're trying to find some kit at a discount. The individual bushings are still cheaper than replacement arms, the biggest hassle is getting them out and back in. Burning them out seems popular, but usually some all thread, nuts, and a big socket will do the job (in lieu of a press).
Not really concerned about a discount, I have a lift and most of my old shop equipment so labor wise good to go. I'm really just struggling to track down normal rubber bushing replacements. Is most of this still widely available at the normal auto outlets, maybe I'm over complicating it? Searching seems to bring me nothing but poly bushings. I've been out of the f-body game awhile and out of the shop game as well, it seems some parts are definitely becoming hard to come by quickly. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
Old 06-11-2024, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Rockauto pretty much has all the bushings covered, you can also grab the part numbers and amazon them as well

Old 06-11-2024, 12:39 PM

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Complete rubber bushing kit?