Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Intalling SLP SFCs

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intalling SLP SFCs

I just got my weld-in SLP subframe connectors in. I put the up to the chassy of the car yesterday to see how they fit, and it looks like I may have a bit of trouble. For those who have intalled these or had these installed: is there one place I can take it to that will do both the installation and undercoating or painting? Or should I just paint them myself if I can't find somewhere? Also, I would still like to install them myself--were there any fitment issues when you installed them? The cross car brace it says to unbolt under the driveshaft is not there; it's further forward in the car, above the y-pipe. Could this be why I have my fitment problems? When I put the sfc up against the frame, and put the bolt back through the sfc and lca, the other end of the sfc will touch against the frame, but the connector in the middle where the cross car brace should be doesn't touch. If I pivit it so that it does touch, the forward connector of the sfc doesn't touch the frame. Any suggestions? As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this page can help you some:

http://users3.ev1.net/~cnl1/firehawk/subframe/index.htm

Good luck.