Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

no power steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no power steering

I'm going to be removing my power steering for racing purposes and someone had told me that I could just run a hose from one side of the rack to the other side so that the fluid can still move. My question is has anyone tried this and how hard would the steering be with this set up compared to having a manual rack?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:50 AM
Launching!

Turning one of these cars with a power rack without power will be tough and IMO a little dangerous. The difference between the ratios of a power and manual rack is pretty big.......if you want to find out how hard it would be just put you car in neutral shut down the motor and try to take a tight turn . Manual rack for F-bodys aren't cheap but if your set on getting rid of the power steering you might want to look into one.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KimberWS6
Turning one of these cars with a power rack without power will be tough and IMO a little dangerous. The difference between the ratios of a power and manual rack is pretty big.......if you want to find out how hard it would be just put you car in neutral shut down the motor and try to take a tight turn . Manual rack for F-bodys aren't cheap but if your set on getting rid of the power steering you might want to look into one.

I dont have any trouble with it. Maybe you should work out more
Old 10-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Oh I'm strong enough, just have no reason to do so
Old 10-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Launching!

with a hose from one side of the rack to the other it makes it easier then just with the car off. I was needing to know how much easier?

Quick Reply: no power steering