Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please help with SLP STB install.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 05:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with SLP STB install.

I know what you are all thinking, STBs are the easiest bolt-ons out there. But for some reason mine just will not fit. I've emailed SLP and they said to have a second person press down in the middle and it will spread just enough to get it on. I've tried myself and it won't budge. I have used BMR's version in another car and it was simple. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

I recently installed a Hotchkis STB. It wouldnt fit until i elongated the holes in the brakets and shimmed them bit (additional shims, not the shims that they come with). It still took a little prying to get it on. I know the front of my car is a bit tweaked (previous accident). Your's may be too.

You said that you have installed the BMR STB on other cars. See if you can borrow one. Try to put it on your car and try to put the SLP STB on the other car. This will identify if the problem is with your car or with the SLP STB.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:58 PM

Try with a friend, one person on each side and start the holes at the same time. I have the BMR and it slid right on.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah my hotchkis took some beating and banging to get it on. I think that's just the nature of the STB. also I would make sure your car is setting on a level surface. Other than that just get a BFH and persuide it a little.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've installed 2 UMI STB's so far...no problems here
Old 11-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My SLP STB went on fine, it was just a little hard to get the inside nuts started. Then I found out our cars don't need a STB, so I took it back off. You might try taking the edges of the holes off with a rat-tailed file.

Quick Reply: Please help with SLP STB install.