Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default panhard bar

I ordered a non adjustable bmr panhard bar which hasnt arrived yet. I was wondering what big of a difference if any that it would make not using an adjustable bar if i were to lower my car 1/2" to an 1" max in the future. Would i need to use an adjustable bar if i were to go with 18 inch y2k rims and tires using the stock ride height? Also are there any differences in strength between the two being that the adjustable is composed of a few different pieces and the other is one solid piece?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

The oly time you will actually need the adjustable PHB is if you go wider on the rear tires/wheels. I don't know how wide the Y2K wheels are, nor the tires that you are going to mount on them,,, but if the wheels are wider than 10 inches and the tires are bigger than 295s,,, I can almost bet you need an adjustable PHB.

Some cars, due to production tolerances come from factory needing the axle adjusted to be centered. Once you lower it, it could get better or worse depending on which way the tolerance stack up. Mount the tires up and find out is bout the only advice I can give.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:34 AM
12 Second Club

thank you for helpin me out