Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help me Please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me Please!

Why is my pinion agle so screwed up? I have a stock spring car and the rearend of my LCA is about 3/4 of an inch higher than the front. Whats the deal. I didn't notice this until I got wheel hop. I have BMR LCA, PHR, Bilstein Hd's and stock springs with about 20,000 miles. How do I fix it. GM replaced my rearend and I am starting to wonder if they installed it wrong.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How does the location of the LCA bolt, relate to your pinion angle? Pinion Angle is the "twist" of the axle. The LCA bolt being 3/4" "higher" than the front almost sounds normal , with broken in springs . . . .
Old 12-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
How does the location of the LCA bolt, relate to your pinion angle? Pinion Angle is the "twist" of the axle. The LCA bolt being 3/4" "higher" than the front almost sounds normal , with broken in springs . . . .
I guess I should have clarified. I was always under the impression that the lca was supposed to angle down slightly towards the rear. That is why when people lower cars they buy relocation brackets to put the angle of the lca downward towards the rear of the car. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Quick Reply: Help me Please!