Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hawk pads or something else ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hawk pads or something else ?

I need new pads for the front, I have hawk pads on there now.
should I get the sameones or is there something else ?

Thanks 4 any help!
ZeeS
Old 12-20-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried switching to a competitor with similiar price and after 2,000 miles I put some new Hawkes back on. IMO stick with what you know or save for the expensive shizat...
Old 12-20-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

I'm always amazed that people never state which of the dozen VERY different Hawk pads they have on their car.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Pagid blacks on my car. Even on the street They have great initial bite + I haven't found the squealing to be all that annoying. I don't know what my fellow commuters would say though .........
Old 12-21-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by absolut_speed
I'm always amazed that people never state which of the dozen VERY different Hawk pads they have on their car.

Of the 3 I am aware of I am using the least costly, the HPS and they are head and shoulders over stock and axxis. Those I have used and the Hawke are noticably better, so much so that I trashed my axxis with 2,000 or less miles because the Hawke felt that much better.

However, the Hawke will make more dust and they do make some noise. The Hawke HP Plus will be my replacements. But you should choose the Hawke pad that suits your driving.

Originally Posted by Racehead
I like Pagid blacks on my car. Even on the street They have great initial bite + I haven't found the squealing to be all that annoying. I don't know what my fellow commuters would say though .........
Having read some of your adventures in driving I may try these Pagid blacks... I just have not heard of them and do not know where to find them...
Old 12-21-2004, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Of the 3 I am aware of I am using the least costly, the HPS and they are head and shoulders over stock and axxis. Those I have used and the Hawke are noticably better, so much so that I trashed my axxis with 2,000 or less miles because the Hawke felt that much better.

However, the Hawke will make more dust and they do make some noise. The Hawke HP Plus will be my replacements. But you should choose the Hawke pad that suits your driving.

Having read some of your adventures in driving I may try these Pagid blacks... I just have not heard of them and do not know where to find them...
Hawke? It's Hawk
http://www.hawkperformance.com/

There's:
Hawk HPS (street verison)
Hawk HP+ (street and strip verison) which makes alot of dust and some noise
Hawk Blues (don't even ask unless your going to swap them out for track use, they are like concrete pads to your rotors)

Quick Reply: Hawk pads or something else ?