Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ground Control Coilover?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ground Control Coilover?

O.k here's the deal I've got the dreaded Pro-kit that some love and some hate. I liked it at first but now the more and more I look at my car I don't like the stance. It sets to level. Muscle cars are supposed to have a rake to them. So what I was thinking of doing was buy the Ground Control Coilovers in the front to set the stance exactly how I want it. So I guess what I am asking is are they a good product? How easy are they to adjust? Are they good for a daily driver?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2004, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For just a street car, I'd just find a different set of springs you like better and sell off your old ones. You'll spend less money and probably be better off. The GC kit is not very easy to adjust on some cars (depends on springs and ride height) and is really a racing part, it will work for street use, but I'd still consider other options first.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A set of shocks that can actually properly dampen the springs might help too.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Ground Control kit on my daily driven SS, and I really like it. It isn't very easy to adjust though, which kinda sucks. I just drove from Florida to Indiana for the holidays, and raised it back up a little bit for the trip, but could only get it about 3/8" up from where it was sitting (at about a 1.5" drop). The rears are much easier to adjust, and I could have gone up more with them. The fronts, though, run into the problem of you basically compressing the spring as you raise it, which is pretty difficult to do with a lever arm as small as the included spanner wrench.

Just my $.02.

Quick Reply: Ground Control Coilover?