Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR stuff installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR stuff installed

I just finised installing a BMR adjustable torque arm, adjustable lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar. LCA's and PHB were pretty easy to install, torque arm was a bit of a puzzle.
The instructions that come with the torque arm need to be revised. It's much easier to bolt the new torque arm to the axle first, than it is to install the front mount first. Just bolt it up to the axle, place a jack under the PHB support to lever the axle forward so you can clamp the clamshell down on the bushing. Second, I believe the instructions contain some bad math. My understanding is that you want to determine the difference between the angle of the mounting plate and the drive shaft, then adjust until the difference is within the desired range. There needs to be some absolute value signs in the instructions or something.
Also, the adjustment on the lower control arms was not as smooth as i would have liked, just a minor gripe. Overall, I'm pleased with these products. Driving around, I just felt like the back end wasnt so flimsy. I can't tell you how each pice performed on its own as I did them all at once, sorry.

Hope this helps someone!