Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Scary when wet! Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scary when wet! Help?

You can see my mods in my sig, my car is a pretty run of the mill bolt on car. It has the stock 16" wheels with Toyo rubber on it. Now I know I dont have a prayer in snow, but in wet weather the car has been tending to slide very very easily the last month or two. If Im on the highway and I hit a minor bump when the road is wet Ill find myself fighting to keep the car from doing a nice S curve, which is a new reaction from the car.
Im wondering what might be a good way to address this....better tires, different suspension mods, etc? Im thinking it may be time for better brakes also in wet weather, when its raining out and I need to stop, I have to mash the pedal for about 5 seconds before the water burns off the rotors, then they start to bite down....

Help?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

humm, i don't think that the car should be that squirrly in the wet. i have the stock rs-a's on mine, and they work pretty good in the wet (and these tires kinda suck). are the toyo's on your car directional, and if they are, did they get installed in the correct direction?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Yup, they are directional, and going the right way too!
It just seems to have gotten progressively worse as my mods have taken place. I had wanted to do a set of LCAs, but dont want to do anything else to stiffen the car at this point....
Old 01-09-2005, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

you prolly have minimal terad...more mods= more tire shredding power= more tread loss= bad traction

get some new rubber designed for Dry and Wet

Quick Reply: Scary when wet! Help?