Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Grinding Noise??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grinding Noise??

whenever I turn my wheel, moving or not I am getting a grinding noise? power steering pump or fluid? Something else?

Sorry this is not my area

It does not make any noise driving straight or not moving the steering wheel.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Teching In

It sounds like you're low on fluid. If you fill it but keep hearing the noise check your pump hose for a leak. I had the exact same proble. I kept filling the fluid and everything would clear up for a day or so and then come back. Turns out the hose to the pump was leaking and it eventually dripped onto my alternator and fried it. My car completely cut off at about 70 mph out in the middle of nowhere because I had no alternator and sucked the battery dry.
Hope that helps. GEt a new hose if thats your problem or you may end up forking out more cash for an alternator.

BTW: Here's the old thread I posted about the hose and installing it. Dealers will rape you on a super easy install.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...95#post1292795
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Kewl, I will check that out first. Hope its just low.
Think I may just cheat and goto tire kingdom and have them do an all fluids replacement. Although shes turning 5 now and most likely it is the pump, but will check fluid levels first.

Dealer raping me, UM YAH. I called after looking up the pump price and found and advanced auto oem for 98 bux, then called the dealer to $498 just for the part, I was afraid to even ask how much to replace it. THEN I asked what the part number was so I could check on gmpartsdirect and he refused to give it to me. OOOO a car that no longer is in production has secrets to hide.